Happy November! I’m happy to have survived Halloween. I was kind of dreading it, for, though I love some aspects of it, I have never loved the really spooky parts, and this year in particular I felt lacking in coping skills to deal with all the ghoulish reminders of death everywhere. Cheery, I know! Who wants me at their costume party this weekend? No one? Great!
BUT … yesterday was a great day, even though I cried a few times when no one was looking. I (mostly) pulled it together and had fun. Every year for the past SEVEN, we’ve spent Halloween with my dear friend D. and her daughter A., who is one of Isabella’s best friends, and this year was especially fun, as A’s little sister B. is not just old enough to participate a bit in the festivities. So lovely and sweet.
Another highlight of the day was definitely taking my little Medusa to the grocery store. All the older ladies stopped to admire her costume.
Anyway, enough about my tenuous grasp on mental health. Let’s get to the Friday 5! Here are some beauty products I’ve been either loving or lusting after this week: (Oh, also, that cat lady in the photo at the top of this post can do a trick. I’ll show you later…)
1. Too Faced “Better Than Sex” Mascara. I’m pretty loyal to my beloved CoverGirl LashBlast, but I got some Too Faced products to try out recently and I’m into this mascara — and not just because it was named by a GENIUS.
2. Almay oil free eye makeup remover pads are great for touch-ups if your Better Than Sex mascara runs after you cry in the grocery store because Simon and Garfunkle comes on the radio while you’re buying chocolate for trick-or-treaters!
3. I’d be happy to get my paws on the brand new Clinique A Different Nail Enamel for Sensitive Skins in “Happy Heart.” This is Clinique’s second annual partnership with the Happy Hearts Fund, an international charity founded by Petra Nemcova. A portion of each product sale will be donated directly to the Happy Hearts Fund to rebuild schools in areas affected by natural disasters. Very cool.
4. Urban Decay Baked Bronzer is what keeps me looking like I have a pulse. I’ve had the same container of it for what feels like years! I mean, it can’t be years, but at least a year. It lasts forever. I love it.
5. The bottle of Deborah Lippman “Glitter and Be Gay” nail polish I have on my bookshelf next to my Kate Spade party shoes reminds me that there are lovely, glittery, and fun times ahead, even though I can’t imagine getting through the holidays without my sister in the world.
On that cheery note … one last trick:
How was your Halloween?